Happy 1st Birthday Avery!!! 2/22/09

I am sure that every Mom has said this at one point, but I truly can't believe how fast this 1st year has gone by!!!

We decided to have a Strawberry Shortcake theme for Avery's 1st birthday party. I had been looking through my baby album and saw that my 1st birthday cake was a Strawberry Shortcake cake that Sheila (my 2nd mom & babysitter) had made for me. So when I saw the Strawberry Shortcake decorations in the party store, I couldn't resist.

It was too short notice to ask Sheila to duplicate the cake she made for me 26 years prior, so I found a local bakery that made this cake out of cupcakes. It turned out better than I imagined.

Time to open all those presents!

She was NOT a fan of the rocking horse that Mommy and Daddy gave her.

Showing her friend Madison her pretty new dress.

Very excited about her new swing from Grandma & Grandpa Glover. Her friends Madison and Jackson have one at their house that she loves to swing in when she goes there to play.

Her very first purse from Aunt Erika.

Avery's personal cake - the BEFORE picture

Unlike most 1 year olds, Avery was extremely delicate eating her 1st cake.

She just poked at the red strawberries with her fingers until I gave her a fork...then she started eating some.

Getting a little messy!

And the AFTER picture

Relaxing in her big pink chair from Grandma & Grandpa Adams.

Posing for a picture with her cousin Keller.

Avery wanted to give a special thanks to everyone that came to her party. Who wants kisses!?!?

One for Grandma Pat...

One for Aunt Erika...

oh and Aunt Erika gets a hug too...

anybody else want a kiss???

Of course Grandma Marsha does

A quick picture with Grandpa Doug and Grandma Marsha before they head home.

Thanks again to everyone who came over that day to help us celebrate Avery's 1st birthday! And a special thanks to those of you that sent her birthday greetings from afar! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family to share these special moments with!

No comments: